Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cheers To Grand Del Mar

The Grand Del Mar ... WOW....not quite sure where to start. The 'Wedding Experience' was so amazing that I've been speechless for a week. Those who know me know that never happens!! First, I need to give credit where credit is due. Cheers the people that made it possible, Thank You is not even close to being enough, but it's a start.... The Wedding Experience Produced by The Grand Del Mar
Paige Levy (858) 314.202
www.thegranddelmar.com
Table Scape & Floral Designed by: Kathy Wright & Co. Kathy Wright (619) 299.2520 www.kathywrightandco.com
Save the Dates, Invitations, & all printed materials by:
Invitation Factory Carol Smith (858) 456.7801
Guest Seating by: Chameleon Chairs
Rhonda Couchigian (562) 338.5101
Entertainment by: Wayne Foster Entertainment
Bonnie Foster (760) 603.8000 ext 18
Cocktail Reception Music by:
Brian Stodart (909) 844.2377
Wedding Gowns by: M Bridal Salon
Michelle Martin (858) 551.1718 www.mbridesalon.com Florals at Gazebo and Addison by Jennifer Cole Jennifer Cole (760 )815 8719 www.jennifercolefloral.com
Linen by: Wildflower Linens
Desiree Patterson (714) 522.2777
Charger Plates: Classic Party Rentals
(858) 496.9700
After Party Decor, Furniture, Canopies and Bar by: Rrivre Works Rrivre Davies (323) 985.4229
After Party Convections by: Epicurean Umbrella
Jennyfer Rodgers (323) 350.0953
After Party Donuts by: Party Donuts
Mike Hogan (858) 565.8600
After Party DJ: Tim Altbaum Productions
Tim Altbaum (619) 277.2408
Photography by: Boyd Harris Photography
Boyd Harris ( 858) 551.7004
Lighting by: Presentation Services
Abraham Bronzwaig (858)314.2096
www.psav.com and now, a sample of the amazing 3 day experience that I was honored to be part of. The first day started by pulling up to valet, where I was greeted, checked in, and shown to my golf course view room. Waiting for me was the itinerary, a gift bag with hotel's signature bath soaps, lotions, and candle, and a Grand Del Mar robe, customized with my name. oThe first night consisted of a meet and greet, followed by a tour of the outdoor ceremony areas, and then the indoor 'chapel', where we were greeted by gospel singers, and then offered sangrias as we watched an incredible fashion show with dresses designed by M Bridal. and then it was cocktail hour, which was over the top with some of the best food I've ever had (and I've had a lot), both tray passed and stationery stations, and a solo guitarist/singer, that I had to do a double take to see if it was Jon Mayer. After we were able to mingle and savor the appetizers, we were invited inside the ballroom for a five course wine pairing dinner. Check out this decor! The food was as beatiful as the table tops, and we had a sommelier on hand to teach us about each of the wines we were sampling. Just when we thought we were going to pop, we were invited to an after party complete with a DJ, candy bar, donut fry station. My San Diego wedding coordinator friends :) The next morning we met for brunch, and were greeted by a server offering our choice of bloody marys or mimosas (or both) ... and we had a full brunch with an omelet station, waffle station, bagel bar, smoothie bar, and more! After brunch, a few of us opted to go to Torry Pines beach for a nature hike, the sun came out just for us, and I'm pretty sure The Grand Del Mar was in charge of that too, as they didn't miss a beat. After the walk, it was spa and massage time, talk about being pampered. Around 5:30 we were asked to meet in one of the amazing ballrooms. When we arrived, we were told to split into groups for a Top Chef Challenge. I love to cook, so I was elected head chef, and I think my team put together the best scallop dish in the room, but we had some great competition, and a lot of fun and a lot of laughs, and we each received our own Grand Del Mar apron.After the team building, we were driven to Addison, Southern California's only 5 Diamond Restaurant. Again we were treated to a 5 course wine pairing dinner. The sommelier was there and he autographed a bottle of HIS bottle of wine and presented it to me at dinner. When I returned to my room, there was a second dessert waiting for me, and a bottle of sparkling water, etched with my name on the bottle. Beautiful!When I finally left (and believe me, it was hard to leave), there was a basket of muffins in my car, a bottle of water, and a dvd with the highlights of the past three days waiting for me. See my website to view the video from Taylor Films. A very very special thanks to Paige Levy at the Grand Del Mar for putting this together, and to the amazing team of vendors that she selected to make this experience unforgettable! Cheers (and many, many thanks!) to all of you!

No comments: